Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Region 4 Manager
The Office of Statewide Pretrial Services’ (OSPS or Office) mission is to assist in the administration of justice and promote community safety by ensuring fairness and equality in the pretrial process. The OSPS is a statewide office that provides pretrial services under the Pretrial Services Act, 725 ILCS 185. The Office develops pretrial standards and employs pretrial service officers who conduct pretrial investigations and provide pretrial supervision.
Within the OSPS, the state of Illinois is divided into 6 regions. Region 4 consists of following Central Illinois counties: Christian, Clay, Clinton, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Marion, Montgomery, Shelby, Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Edgar, Vermilion, Champaign, DeWitt, Douglas, Macon, Moultrie, Piatt, Greene, Jersey, Macoupin, Morgan, Sangamon, Scott, Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Mason, Menard, Pike, and Schuyler.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Region 4 Manager oversees the delivery of pretrial services within the Office of Statewide Pretrial Services under the general supervision of the Deputy Director of Pretrial Operations.
- Plans, directs, and oversees pretrial investigations, reports, and supervision within Office of Statewide Pretrial Services to ensure timely, consistent, and quality delivery of pretrial services aligned with OSPS policies and guidelines.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the status of pretrial service delivery including but not limited to, the number of pretrial clients served, average length of time clients receive pretrial services, the number and types of pretrial conditions, the volume of bond reports and risk assessments completed and the average time to complete pretrial reports.
- Monitors staffing needs within Region 4 and coordinates with the investigation manager to ensure pretrial reports are completed timely.
- Collaborates with the Pretrial Services Administrator to optimize workflow, operations, and data collection, and to address staff concerns as they arise.
- Prepares strategic plans and monitors progress toward achieving pretrial services objectives within Region 4.
- Serves as a supervisor by providing instructions, setting expectations, observing performance, providing feedback through ongoing and annual performance evaluations, participating in the hiring process, and recommending corrective or disciplinary action when necessary.
- Responds to internal and external audits.
- Serves as a liaison to judges, attorneys, law enforcement professionals, probation officers, and other court services providers within the region.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of pretrial services, criminal justice and community corrections issues by being connected to the latest research and best practices as well as developing and maintaining substantial relationships with experts and organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in social science, public administration, criminal justice, or a related field.
- Seven or more years professional working experience in a public or private organization.
Three or more years of supervisory experience in state or local government.
- Two years of large project management experience, including system analysis, strategic planning, and operational design.
- Thorough knowledge of the criminal justice system including related Illinois statutes, regulations, procedures and operations at the trial court level, and a comprehensive perspective of legal and evidence-based pretrial services including pragmatic applicability and implementation.
- Strong decision-making and independent problem-solving skills.
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Master’s Degree in court, public, criminal justice or business administration or a related field.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in pretrial services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with co-workers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This is a professional office working environment, requiring telephone usage and the ability to process written documents. Applicant must have the ability to travel and possess a valid Illinois driver's license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record. Occasional overnight travel is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter through the form below. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/cfdfd666f464473185cdbbd0a5b7b361
Any questions about this position or the application process can also be submitted to Chad Homer via email at the following address: email@example.com .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER