Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Administrative Assistant – Deputy Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Performs assistance to the Deputy Director, coordinates office support activities, and performs secretarial duties.
- Composes and prepares letters, memos, and reports and organizes information for the Deputy Director’s review.
- Coordinates office support activities.
- Researches and compiles basic statistical and informational reports and maintains follow up records.
- Coordinates and maintains the Deputy Director’s office filing system.
- Acts as a liaison coordinating travel arrangements for judicial officers and the staff of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts.
- Coordinates the ordering of office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year office experience performing secretarial services and assistance to a manager and education or training equivalent to an associate degree in secretarial science or a related area.
Candidates must possess skill in composition, communications, records management, and report preparation; knowledge of specialized personal computer applications (word processing, spreadsheet and database); ability to use initiative and work independently to complete assignments; communication effective, both verbally and in writing; ability to organize work efficiently and meet required deadlines and schedules; associate with employees and the public in a pleasant, courteous and helpful manner; and respond to change productively.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This is a professional office working environment, requiring telephone usage and the ability to process written documents. Applicant must have the ability to travel and possess a valid Illinois driver's license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Interested individuals should submit - via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Friday, October 15, 2021, will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER