Instructional Technology and Technology Services Manager
Judicial College Division
An attractive judicial branch benefits package is offered, including pension, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as deferred compensation and generous leave time.
Starting at $82,457; salary commensurate with experience
Director, Judicial College Division
The Supreme Court of Illinois Judicial College was established January 1, 2016 by Order of the Illinois Supreme Court to provide comprehensive continuing education to Illinois judges and judicial branch justice partners including, adult, juvenile and detention officers, circuit court clerks and deputy clerks, trial court administrators, Guardians ad Litem appointed by the Court in abuse and neglect matters, and legal and administrative judicial branch staff. The Judicial College is comprised of six Standing Committees and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Supreme Court of Illinois.
For more about the Supreme Court of Illinois Judicial College, visit: http://illinoiscourts.gov/IL_Judicial_College/default.asp
This position provides oversight and management of the technology needs of the Illinois Judicial College and the Judicial College Division of the AOIC, including the planning, implementation and evaluation of production services, technology support and media for live broadcast, asynchronous courses, and in-person events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a Judicial College Strategic Digital Plan and budget for the Illinois Judicial College and Judicial College Division; monitor adopted plan components and make recommendations for updates as needed;
- Plan, manage, budget and evaluate projects and productions, ensuring the integration of activities with the College's online and operational functions;
- Evaluate technology vendor proposals, agreements, and review technology vendor invoices for accuracy;
- Participate in the development and administration of applicable policies, strategic plans, goals and programmatic activities pertaining to technology impacting the Illinois Judicial College;
- Implement best practices in the management, planning, implementation and evaluation of production services, technology support and media for live broadcast, asynchronous courses, and live, in-person events; assures accessibility standards and regulations are met;
- Collaborate as needed on technology projects impacting the Illinois Judicial College and Judicial College Division; manage the scheduling, training, development and support for production resources;
- Coordinates production activities within the College and with externals providing production services;
- Manages the production of high-quality video, multi-media, and graphic materials to support the delivery of instruction and services;
- Collaborates with staff, faculty, and others to plan, script and deliver instructionally and aesthetically sound media production;
- Coordinate and manage supportive software and hardware needs, database and platform integrations, data imports/exports and migrations;
- Provide training, guidance and technical support related to use of instructional technologies;
- Manage Learning Management System (LMS) platform, and Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar technology needs and consult with planners on instructional needs;
- Consistently update the Judicial College website and LMS;
- Manage and respond to technical inquiries submitted to the Judicial College;
- Other duties and responsibilities reasonably within the scope of duties and responsibilities noted herein.
Education and Experience Requirements
A minimum of five years of experience in a post with emphasis on technology services, instructional technology, or instructional design, preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Design, or a related field, strongly preferred. Experience with Learning Management Systems, instructional software and media and other technologies supportive of live/face-to-face and online learning experiences.
Knowledge and Skills
- eLearning principles and practices;
- Technologies and tools effective for adult learners, eLearning and in-person courses and programs; current and emerging educational technology;
- Design and development within Articulate Storyline, preferred.
- Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar, Google products (Docs, Sites, Drive, et al.), and audience responses systems:
- Learning Management Systems; ability to design and maintain courses in LMS platform;
- Video, multi-media, and graphic material production principles and practices;
- Applicable software systems utilized in daily operations; digital production equipment;
- High quality, standard-based online course design and development;
- Coordination of projects, tracking and reporting on project status, teamwork, leadership, innovation and delivery of consistent, quality products within established timelines;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and workflow;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
- Evaluating the quality of production materials and services;
- Monitoring production budgets;
- Working with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong business acumen, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This is a professional office working environment requiring telephone usage and the ability to process written and electronic documents. Must be able to obtain a valid Illinois driver's license and be able to travel frequently statewide.
Interested individuals should submit, via email, a letter of interest, resume, professional writing sample, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, candidates submitting materials on or before Monday, September 21, 2020 will be given first consideration.