Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Administrative Assistant 2
Applicant may be required to submit additional material or complete job specific tests for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Administrative Assistant 2 is responsible for coordinating office support activities and providing administrative assistant duties to the manager and unit staff. This position performs a variety of duties and works independently.
- Greets and directs office visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Receives incoming telephone calls.
- Understands general job duties and responsibilities of all divisions to properly connect calls.
- Takes messages and transmits them to proper personnel manually or by e-mail.
- Provides routine information to callers, visitors, and staff.
- Refers questions to appropriate personnel in federal, state, or local governmental offices.
- Programs and operates fax machines and telephone answering system.
- Coordinates office support activities and provides administrative support to manager(s) and staff.
- Operates personal computer (i.e. Word, Access, and Excel) to prepare correspondence and other documents involving matters of policy, meeting minutes, reports, tabulations, and other materials.
- Processes purchase requisitions, invoices, and travel vouchers.
- Opens, dates, and sorts incoming mail.
- Maintains records, reports, and files including purchase requisitions and invoices.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings.
- Photocopies and scan materials, makes travel arrangements, orders supplies, schedules meetings, and assists in preparation of seminars and conferences.
- Verifies and prepare for distribution of telecommunication invoices.
- Contacts public or private organizations to obtain information requested by manager(s).
- Creates and prepares Supreme Court Rule 711 licenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A minimum of two years office experience performing administrative assistant support duties and an Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Knowledge of and understanding of Illinois judicial branch structure and functions is desired, but not required.
The successful candidate must possess a strong attention to detail; knowledge of standard administrative assistant techniques including office procedures, composition, records management, and office communications; ability to use office machines such as copier, fax machine, and postage machine; ability to organize work effectively and meet required deadlines and schedules; ability to make decisions on established policies/standards and detect deviations from established policies; working knowledge of specialized personal computer applications (i.e. Word, Access, and Excel); ability to associate with employees and the public in a pleasant, courteous, and helpful manner; ability to listen and comprehend individuals who speak rapidly or do not speak clearly; ability to communicate in a clear and friendly voice via the telephone; and respond to change productively.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended time periods. This is a professional office working environment requiring telephone usage, the ability to retrieve files and to process written documents.
Interested individuals should submit - via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Friday, July 30, 2021, will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER