Illinois Judges Receive Recognition and Awards
December 21, 2020
Illinois judges are increasingly being recognized for their dedicated work in courtrooms throughout the state. Here are some of the recent honors received by Illinois judges:
- Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice Anne M. Burke was honored on December 8, 2020, as the recipient of the Hon. Laura Liu Access to Justice Award by the Diversity Scholarship Foundation at its Annual Unity Gala which was held virtually this year. The Access to Justice Award “celebrates an outstanding individual who has actively promoted access to justice and worked towards a more equal and transparent system of justice”.
- Cook County Circuit Judges Lewis Nixon, Rouhy Shalabi, and Jill Rose Quinn were also each honored on December 8, 2020, by the Diversity Scholarship Foundation as the recipients of the Advocate for Diversity Award at the Annual Unity Gala.
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice P. Scott Neville, Jr. was honored on December 9, 2020, as the recipient of the Judge of the Year award by the Illinois Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) at their virtual 2020 Judge of the Year event.
- Several judges were honored at the Illinois Judges Association Awards Luncheon on December 11, 2020, at the 49th Annual Joint IJA/ISBA Luncheon:
- First District Appellate Justice Eileen O'Neill Burke was the recipient of the Presidential Service Award.
- First District Appellate Justice Shelvin Louise Marie Hall was the recipient of the Harold Sullivan Award.
- Former Supreme Court Justice Thomas L. Kilbride was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his 20 years of service on the Supreme Court and his accomplishments as Chief Justice from 2010 through 2013.
Have you recently received an award? Please let us know at email@example.com