November 29, 2017
With the importance of the American judicial branch receiving new levels of attention on the national stage, Illinois judges are increasingly being recognized for their dedicated work in courtrooms throughout the state. Here is a rundown of some of the recent honors received by Illinois judges:
- Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice Lloyd A. Karmeier was honored in October with a "Judicial Icon" award by the Illinois Judges Association Foundation.
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice Mary Jane Theis was the recipient in October of the Chicago Bar Foundation's "Justice John Paul Stevens Award", an award presented annually to attorneys who best exemplify the late Justice Stevens commitment to integrity and public service in the practice of law.
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne M. Burke was the recipient in October of the iBIO Institute's "Civic ICON Award", an award presented annually to an individual or company who represents or exemplifies consistent leadership in community service, economic infrastructure development and/or civic involvement.
- The Honorable M. Carol Pope, an appellate judge in the Fourth District prior to her retirement this summer, was also honored in October with a "Judicial Icon" award by the Illinois Judges Association Foundation.
- Cook County Circuit Judge Thomas V. Lyons was the recipient in May of the American Board of Trial Advocates "Judge of the Year" award.
Have you recently received an award? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org