May 23, 2019
Illinois judges are increasingly being recognized for their dedicated work in courtrooms throughout the state. Here are some of the recent honors received by Illinois judges:
- First District Appellate Court Justice Michael B. Hyman was honored on April 12, 2019, as the recipient of the 2019 Kimble Distinguished Service Award by Scribes - The American Society of Legal Writers. The award, which recognizes outstanding service to Scribes and to the improvement of legal writing, was presented to Justice Hyman at the Law Library of Congress in Washington D.C.
- Cook County Circuit Court Judge Lorna E. Propes was honored on April 25, 2019, as the recipient of the Abraham Lincoln Marovitz Philanthropic Award at Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth's Spring Awards Dinner. The Award is given annually to a member of the legal community for their dedication to public service.
- The Liberty Bell Awards, held annually by the 19th Judicial Circuit, were held on April 25, 2019, during the Lake County Bar Association luncheon. Deputy Chief Judge Diane E. Winter, Circuit Judge Michael J. Fusz and retired Judge John J. Scully presented the awards. The recipient of the 2019 Liberty Bell Individual Award was Bruce Johnson, a Marine Corps veteran and head of NICASA, a not-for-profit behavioral health services organization, since 2005.
- Supreme Court Justice Rita B. Garman was honored on May 4, 2019, as the recipient of the degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from Aurora University during its spring Commencement ceremony. Justice Garman was awarded with the honorary degree for her "core values of integrity, citizenship, continuous learning and excellence".
- Supreme Court Justice P. Scott Neville, Jr. was honored on May 23, 2019, with an award by the Judicial Accountability PAC at the First Annual Gala for Justice in Chicago.
- Cook County Circuit Court Judge Ronald F. Bartkowicz will be honored on May 30, 2019, at a reception at the University of Chicago by the Advocates Society and the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel.
Have you recently received an award? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org