Registration is open for The Future Is Now: Legal Services 2022
The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism is pleased to announce that registration is open for The Future Is Now: Legal Services conference. The virtual conference will be held on Thursday, April 21, from 12 – 4:15 p.m. CDT.
Attendees are eligible to receive 4.0 hours of professional responsibility CLE credit in Illinois (3.0 hours of professional responsibility CLE and 1.0 hour of diversity and inclusion CLE).
The conference will explore legal innovation and professionalism through the lens of delivering value to today’s consumers. Topics will include:
- How lawyers define and measure value.
- Pandemic-related market shifts that are impacting how consumers view the value of legal services.
- The diversity value proposition.
- Case studies on novel ways lawyers are delivering value in their practices and organizations.
“Rather than looking at consumer challenges as impediments to legal services, scholars are urging lawyers to incorporate these challenges into their business solutions – and those who are doing so are rapidly realizing the personal, financial, and professional benefits,” said Mark C. Palmer, Chief Counsel at the Commission on Professionalism. “But just adopting new technology isn’t enough to deliver true value. In the age of LegalZoom and alternative business structures, lawyers must continue to define their role in society and differentiate how they deliver legal services to meet consumer demand. We hope you will join us to learn how at The Future Is Now.”
The 2022 speaker lineup includes:
- Chief Justice Anne M. Burke, Illinois Supreme Court
- Tim Baran, Technology Innovation Manager, Pro Bono Net
- Jessica Bednarz, Associate Director of Innovation & the JEP, The Chicago Bar Foundation
- Greg Lambert, Chief Knowledge Services Officer, Jackson Walker
- Erin Levine, Founder & CEO, Hello Divorce
- Troy A. Riddle, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, National Resources Defense Council
- David B. Wilkins, Lester Kissel Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Speaker talks will be announced at a later date.
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with speakers and fellow participants during live chats and town hall sessions throughout the conference. A “Continue the Conversation” opportunity will be held after the conference, providing attendees with another chance to discuss the topics of the day with fellow participants.
The registration fee is $25. Students may attend at no cost. Attendees will be provided with information about accessing the conference platform closer to the event date.
Register here: thefutureisnow.2civility.org/registration-2022.
If you have questions or need help registering, please reach out to Chelsea Woodmansee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-363-6217.