Mailed Requests for Certificates of Admission/Good Standing | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Mailed Requests for Certificates of Admission/Good Standing
Mailed requests for certificates of admission/good standing must include the following information:
- the attorney’s full name;
- the attorney’s ARDC number;
- the attorney’s date of admission as a lawyer;
- mailing address of the attorney;
- the number of certificates requested and a check for the appropriate amount (made payable to the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Illinois); and
- if applicable, name and address of any third-party that the Clerk’s office is to mail the certificate to.
If requesting certificates for multiple attorneys, please provide the above-referenced information for each attorney.
If you would like expedited service, please enclose an electronic FedEx or UPS airbill. To avoid billing issues, please address the airbill from yourself to the entity or individual where the certificate should be sent. The Clerk's office will send the certificate of admission/good standing upon receipt of your airbill.
Send mailed requests to:
Clerk of the Supreme Court
Supreme Court Building
200 East Capitol
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1721
Questions regarding a certificate of admission/good standing should be directed to the Office of the Clerk of the Supreme Court at (217) 782-2035.
Please note the certificate of admission/good standing does not include the disciplinary history of the attorney. If you are requesting your disciplinary history, please contact the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission at www.iardc.org or by calling (312) 565-2600.