Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Accounting Analyst is responsible for processing various judicial branch invoice and travel vouchers for submission to the State of Illinois Comptroller's Office for payment.
- Audits, researches, and processes various invoices and/or travel vouchers submitted by judicial branch officers and personnel for payment pursuant to the Statewide Accounting Management System (SAMS) and judicial branch policies and procedures.
- Enters vouchers in the Enterprise Resource Planning/System Application and Product (ERP/SAP) system.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains vendor files.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets.
- Reconciles and tracks payments for vendor accounts.
- Contacts vendors, judicial branch officers, and employees to resolve account discrepancies.
- Prepares receipts for accounts receivables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of three years’ experience maintaining accounting and related records on a computerized system and an Associate's degree in accounting, computerized accounting systems, accounts payable or a related area. Up to two years of additional experience may be substituted for the education.
Candidates must possess the ability to perform exacting work with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills; execute rapid and accurate arithmetic calculations utilizing a ten-key calculator; working knowledge and experience with personal computer applications (i.e.,
Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook); effective oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and must respond to change positively.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended time periods as well as the ability to file and retrieve files accurately. The successful candidate will be adept at functioning within an office environment requiring telephone usage and ability to process written documents.
Interested individuals should submit - via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Friday, October 15, 2021, will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER