Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Human Resource Assistant
SUMMARY: The Human Resource Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Division.
- Performs administrative duties, including screening and routing incoming telephone calls, processing incoming electronic and hard copy mail, composing written correspondence, and arranging travel for Human Resource staff.
- Converts paper documents to electronic files by scanning, naming, and organizing according to protocol.
- Creates, maintains, and secures, confidential records, reports, and files, and corresponding electronic back-up digitized file system.
- Reviews judicial branch time sheets for completeness and accuracy, investigates any timekeeping issues and contacts administrative authorities to obtain or verify information.
- Enters timekeeping information into human resources leave system and maintains electronic timekeeping files.
- Assists with recruiting by producing vacancy announcements, posting vacancies to external sources, responding to applicants, and creating and maintaining applicant lists. Assists in preparing, administering, and scoring test materials for prospective employees.
- Processes purchase requisitions and invoice vouchers for subscriptions, equipment, travel, and supplies.
- Maintains Human Resource Unit's equipment and library inventories.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping Human Resource information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An Associate's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field and a minimum of two years’ experience in office support, preferably in a human resources or legal office environment. Experience may be substituted for the education.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail; excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills; proficiency using Microsoft Office; stellar verbal and written communication skills; ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality and respond to change productively.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Applicant must have the ability to file and retrieve files accurately. This is a normal office working environment requiring telephone usage and ability to process, file, and retrieve files accurately. Applicant must possess a valid Illinois driver's license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
Interested individuals should submit - via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
This position will remain open until filled. However, those individuals submitting materials by Friday, October 15, 2021, will be given first consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER