Employment Opportunities | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts
Human Resources Assistant
- Posted Date
Office of Statewide Pretrial Services, Director’s Office
An attractive judicial branch benefits package is offered, including pension, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as deferred compensation and generous leave time.
Minimum $43,272; starting salary commensurate with experience
The Office of Statewide Pretrial Services’ (OSPS or Office) mission is to assist in the administration of justice and promote community safety by ensuring fairness and equality in the pretrial process. The OSPS is a statewide office that provides pretrial services under the Pretrial Services Act, 725 ILCS 185. The Office develops pretrial standards and employs pretrial service officers who conduct pretrial investigations and provide pretrial supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Human Resources Assistant within the Office of Statewide Pretrial Services (OSPS) performs paraprofessional human resource related duties, including filing and organizing personnel paperwork, and managing time keeping documentation and balances. This position works under the guidance of the OSPS Human Resource Manager. Makes frequent contact with the public, by telephone, in writing, or in person.
- Reviews and processes all time keeping for OSPS staff and performs data entry for timekeeping, as necessary.
- Investigates timekeeping issues and contacts staff, managers, and supervisors to reconcile errors.
- Prepares and maintains all necessary timekeeping documentation, including attendance summary sheets, either electronically or in hard copy.
- Responds to inquiries from OSPS staff about time balances, and vacation, sick leave and personal leave accrual.
- Prepares and distributes job vacancy announcements as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
- Screens prospective employees based on minimum and preferred qualifications and conducts background checks of selected candidates.
- Prepares testing materials, administers tests and submits grades to hiring manager.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to applicants, including offer letters, onboarding paperwork and rejection letters.
- Receives and reviews all application materials, including resumes, cover letters, letters of reference and college transcripts and maintains job applicant lists and application materials for each vacancy.
- Create and maintains all employee personnel files.
- Prepares exit letters and surveys for AOIC employees resigning from the Office of Statewide Pretrial Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s Degree and two years of payroll, benefits or other relevant human resources experiences; or, a High School Diploma or equivalent and four years of payroll, benefits, or other relevant human resources experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and ability to demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and other applicable state/federal statutes and regulations.
- Ability to interact with co-workers positively and professionally.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Normal office working environment requiring telephone usage and ability to process, file, and retrieve files accurately.
- Possess a valid license and demonstrate proof of automobile insurance to operate a personal vehicle on state business, as well as maintain a safe driving record.
HOW To apply:
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter through the form below.
Any questions about this position or the application process can also be submitted to Chad Homer via email at the following address: email@example.com .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER